HARD-WORKING MARKETING TECHNICIAN WANTED FOR
AUSTIN-BASED MERCHANT SERVICES COMPANY
CONTRACT BASED WITH POSSIBLE FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT
>> APPLICATIONS DUE: MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2020 AT 8:00AM CENTRAL <<
We’re looking to grow sales and leads with content marketing strategy, marketing campaign build-outs (including email, LinkedIn, webinars, live events) and more.
We are in search of a marketing technician to help us grow by attracting leads, and supporting our sales team with sales enablement marketing collateral.
The position will be the primary driver of marketing, and will have significant responsibility in executing all marketing campaigns.
This role will be supported by the founder and an outside marketing strategist who have set clear 90-day and 2-year outcomes for the business. The technician will be given expert-level training and work closely with our sales team and an outside marketing expert. Eventually, if all goes well and you prove to be A+, you will move into the Marketing Manager role.
This is a Direct Response marketing role.
Please Note: This position is NOT a traditional marketing position. If you have a traditional marketing/branding and PR background, please do NOT apply. This is only for online content marketers, digital marketers, and direct response marketers.
ABOUT EASY PAY DIRECT
Easy Pay Direct is a leading e-commerce partner for companies, enabling them to easily grow a professional online store with. Easy Pay Direct was founded in 2009 by a visionary who understands the growing demand and able to find a special niche to help eCommerce companies. With a vision to build a scalable, powerful eCommerce focused company. Located in the heart of Austin Texas, just steps away from historic east sixth street.
- Part time position to start, moving to full time if objectives are met – 15-25 hours per week, including significant self training and research.
- Work from our office in Austin, TX
- Must attend meetings during US Central Time zone work day
- 2-week trial, then 12 month engagement with opportunity for performance-based incentives
- This job would need to be your main focus – as opposed to one of many side projects
- Pay: $25-$35/hr plus performance bonuses and incentives
This is a special position and unique opportunity for the type of person that loves digital marketing, considers themselves to be a good writer, loves learning from experienced people in the industry and has a real thirst for personal and professional growth.
AS A DIGITAL MARKETING TECHNICIAN, YOU WILL BE DOING THE FOLLOWING:
- Manage and scale our current digital funnels and live event sponsorhips from beginning to end. You’ll create SOPs for what we’re already doing, and own the improvements and re-launch of these campaigns!
- Find new ways to leverage existing content and increase offers to our customer base. This means having a desire to know the pains of our market, so you can help us solve them.
- Heavy emphasis on direct response marketing. We want to know explicitly which email campaigns convert prospects to leads, then improve our poor-performing campaigns to generate more transformation and sales. We’re using Salesforce, Pardot and Google Analytics.
- Schedule out the timelines of projects and ensure execution. You’ll need to understand the details of what’s needed, so you can plan out the full project. We’ll help you with this.
- Work closely with our internal team on launch strategy. You’ll have the support of great developers and a savvy designer.
- Improve and set up sales funnels on our site and with Salesforce/Pardot. You don’t need to be a programmer, but you need to become proficient with the click-to-build features of both services. We will get you started, but you’ll need to put in the time to understand our tools.
- Research our competitors, and aggregate best practices and recommendations
- If you do exceptionally well, you will eventually manage a marketing team, all meetings, to dos, and follow ups. You’ll be given clear outcomes each quarter to focus on. Your ability to hit those outcomes is how we measure how well you’re doing.
BENEFITS OF THE TECHNICIAN ROLE:
- You’ll gain extensive and advanced experience with nearly every aspect of digital marketing
- Hands on experience with digital marketing strategies – see what really works
- Access to a vast array of cutting edge, often expensive marketing tools
- Access to high level, often expensive digital marketing trainings
- Direct mentorship from CEO and a marketing expert
- We have an office dog you’re sure to love!
- Potential full-time employment opportunities in the future
- Being part of a caring and motivated team
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Learn and become an expert in A/B testing, landing page optimization, email marketing, joint venture marketing, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook ads, advanced Google Analytics reporting, online sales funnels, shopping cart optimization, Salesforce, Pardot automation, and persuasive sales copy
- Business lessons and experience working directly under CEO and marketing expert with frequent interaction, training, and mentorship
- Full training and access to cutting edge marketing tools such as Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, heat-mapping tech, split-testing software, landing page building, and more!
- Persuasive sales copywriting, so the words you write sell more
- Be results oriented. If you don’t produce results, you’re not likely a fit for our team. This means generating revenue for our business.
- Must be good at digital marketing and direct response marketing. You’re a student of DigitalMarketer.com, Amy Porterfield, or any other qualified marketing expert
- You can write sales copy that is persuasive. You’ve read “Breakthrough Advertising” at least once, and you’ve read a couple of Gary Halbert’s letters.
- You have constructed at least one successful sales funnel, even if it’s small.
- You are 100% behind our mission and vision
- Able to start immediately
- Able to backup your marketing genius with real math and metrics week to week
- Have a system for tracking the most relevant KPIs
- Extremely tech savvy and proficient in online apps and tools required to run an online business
THIS IS NOT A “TRADITIONAL JOB”
The position involves working with a fast-growing, progressive team in a challenging, face-paced, and fun work environment. You’ll be given large amounts of job responsibilities and the chance to make a real impact in the world. Our mission speaks for itself and you will get to be a part of meaningful, impact-based work in the world.
WHAT IS THE PAY RANGE?
The targeted pay range for this job is $25-$35/hr, depending on experience. Then the sky’s the limit. We will set up incentives based on performance.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Send us an email to Hiring[at]EasyPayDirect.com that includes:
Email Subject line: “I’m your 2020 Marketing Technician”
The title and role of your last two positions – and also what you learned from each of them
An explanation of why you think you’re the best fit for this role – including experience to back it up
Make sure you include all elements and the correct title in the email. If any elements are missing, we disregard the email.
You’ll be asked to submit a 5 minute video (do not go over 5 minutes) of yourself explaining your experience in marketing and why you think you’re a great fit for our team. Be specific. Show off a little. Let us see who you are and what makes you special!
BONUS… HOW TO STAND OUT!
A quick bonus (everyone loves a bonus!). Here are a few things we love:
- People who are interested in open source development or enterprise sales
- Positive attitudes, self help
- Get ‘er done attitudes
- People who teach themselves
- People who love to learn and research
- People who are curious and google things
- People who are passionate
- People who go above and beyond
- People who have integrity
- People who are honest
- People who are dedicated