Can your cannabis dispensary take credit cards?
Marijuana Dispensary Merchant Accounts & CBD Merchant Accounts…
With the rise of medical legalization, recreational legalization and also CBD adoption, the banking and credit card processing climate around cannabis has been volatile to say the least.
Since the start of recreational legalization, the ability to process credit card payments for marijuana and CBD has been allowed and disallowed several times. Generally, when a solution has cropped up (pun intended), it has been a workaround that pushes the limits of legality.
Those options have been expensive, unreliable and ultimately resulted in a huge expenditure of time and money for cannabis entrepreneurs who used those options.
Thankfully you have Easy Pay Direct and we have a solution for you (read more below).
Easy Pay Direct offers CBD merchant accounts to process credit cards domestically (in the USA & Canada)
This will look and feel just like processing credit cards for any other business.
- Each batch of transactions will be settled into the business bank account daily.
- No reserves will be held (in nearly all situations)
- The business name will be displayed in the descriptor of the consumer’s credit card statement.
- A standard credit card terminal will be supplied and used to process transactions.
- The merchant account, banks account, and business will all be in the United States.
Your Title Goes Here
Can Marijuana Dispensaries Accept Credit Cards?
The short answer to this is “not without a workaround”.
The best option as of 2021-08-10 is to have a terminal placed at your counter that works as an ATM. This allows consumers to run their debit cards (that have a visa or MasterCard logo) at the point of sale. This offers the opportunity
As of 2021-08-10, there are no sponsor banks in the Visa or Mastercard associations that allow cannabis dispensaries to accept credit cards.
Any merchant account provider that is allowing you actually to accept credit cards is doing so by defrauding their member bank. More simply, any ISO or credit card processor knowingly allowing a marijuana dispensary to accept credit cards is allowing their bank end bank to believe that it is a different type of business.
Easy Pay Direct is actively tracking the ever-evolving cannabis space. Rest assured, we will be the first of the Marijuana Merchant Account providers when it’s a possibility.
In the meantime…
Setup A CBD Merchant Account
Easy Pay Direct has been working with high-volume, “high-risk” accounts since 2009 and we’re experts in “high-risk” online merchant accounts and credit card processing. We’ve been processing for CBD (on and off as was legal) since 2014
When you open an account with us you can trust you have:
- Experts are dedicated to making sure you’re up to date with industry regulations for credit card processing.
- A reliable merchant provider that knows how to keep YOUR BUSINESS from being shut down in a rapid-paced, ever-evolving industry.
- A single point of contact for your questions and solutions for your online merchant accounts.
- Human help. Your priorities are our priorities and we’re here to make it simple, effective, and easy for you so you can focus on running your profitable business.
Open a CBD merchant account today:
Many credit card processing companies claim to have a solution for dispensaries and online shops selling CBD and cannabis-based products. However, more often than not, these so-called “solutions” are expensive and unreliable workarounds.
This often leads to merchant account shutdowns, freezes of money, or worse. Leaving Cannabis brands strung out to dry and whither away.
Why Are CBD Sales Increasing?
With real health benefits being discovered yearly and more clinical testing being conducted every day, the average consumer is turning to CBD to promote a healthier lifestyle. And while merchant processing can be tricky, there are solutions such as Easy Pay Direct (us).
What Are The Health Benefits Of CBD?
While there are many claims regarding the health benefits of CBD, it is best to look at what has been studied and has a factual basis. According to recent studies here are the 5 main benefits.
- Pain relief
- Certain mental health disorders (PTSD, Anxiety, Insomnia depression)
- Cancer-related symptoms
- May help with neurological disorders such as MS and epilepsy
- Heart health and the circulatory system
Plus a multitude of other benefits is still being researched. For a full list and documentation on each subject, we recommend you read this Healthline article.