What information do I NEED to enter to run a credit card transaction?
By default, the Easy Pay Direct gateway only requires you to enter
- The credit card number
- Expiration date (checking and routing number if running an ACH / Electronic Check transaction)
- The amount of the transaction
The gateway is setup to require a minimal amount of information to make your transactions quick and easy when using the Easy Pay Direct gateway.
HOWEVER, it is important to know that when running credit card transactions, entering more information can give you a better rate.
Entering the following information will give you slightly better rates:
- CVV/CVC code (the 3 digit number on the back of the card)
- The street address of the card holder – specifically the numbers in their address
- The zip code of the card holder
- The name of the card holder